Two Minute Trek

March 30, 2006

Organizing Digital Photos

Picasa2 will search your entire computer and create an organized inventory of your digital photos. I downloaded it last night and was impressed with how quickly it did the initial inventory and really liked the way the thumbnails-in-folders is setup for ease of view.

I also downloaded Hello from Picasa, which is supposed to work in conjunction with Blogger. I'll test it out soon.

Both of these are examples of Google's attempt to make free software the norm. I hadn't thought of this, but my husband pointed out that TV is really their main competitor, as TV has had the largest audience for advertisements. Now, it seems the Internet does. I think Google ads will be more targeted than TV commercials, because they can be customized to a surfer's habits and preferences.


Tags: picasa2, , ,  , , , tv vs. internet, targeted marketing

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home